The apartment industry is growing and needs skilled maintenance technicians. The Workforce Development Center campus of Cincinnati State seeks part-time instructors to deliver developed content in the topic areas: interior/exterior, plumbing, electrical, appliances, and HVAC. The 50-hour training program is delivered in 8 7-hour days scheduled over a 4-week period. Two training programs are scheduled each year.
Adjunct Faculty Essential Responsibilities
• As adjunct faculty, deliver developed content in interior/exterior, electrical, plumbing, appliances, and HVAC to students entering the apartment maintenance field.
• Must have practical experience in the topic areas capable of instructing individuals entering the apartment maintenance field.
• Must hold current licenses and/or certifications, as applicable.
• Professional accreditation or licensing standards exceeding standards.
• Evidence of continuing professional development in the apartment maintenance discipline.
• Exhibits strong communication skills and serves as a role model for students in this area.
• Is fully committed to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
• Demonstrates success and commitment as a team player.
• Utilizes constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and handles conflict and criticism effectively.
• Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success.
• Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
• Computer based software, analytical, and report writing skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
• Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
• Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
• Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
• Communication – Effectively transfers developed course content to students and utilizes instructor guides for implementing practical hands-on exercises.
• Attention to Detail – plans and organizes time effectively and fills scheduled classroom time appropriately.
Position available: Varies by semester
Compensation: To be negotiated
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part time
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file.
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status. Cincinnati State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.