- Adjunct Positions
- OH, USA
- Part Time
TALENTED AND WELL-QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS NEEDED TO FILL ADJUNCT POSITIONS IN OUR ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
If you're looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join a well-established, nationally-recognized educational institution with a committed team of faculty and administrative staff who are dedicated to chancing lives, then Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is the place for you. As a member of our team of Part-Time Adjunct Faculty, you too will have the unique opportunity to leverage your skill, knowledge and experience in ways that improve, impact and change the lives of our diverse student population for the better.
ABOUT CINCINNATI STATE
As one of the most recognized and award-winning community college programs in North America, we are on the cutting-edge when it comes to keeping pace with new industry demands, new technology and business innovations. We have more than 100 associate degree programs, majors and certificate programs, and offer many continuing education opportunities through short courses, seminars, and on-site training for area businesses and industries.
We are committed to continuing to promote student success by providing the resources needed to meet the needs of our more than 15,000 currently enrolled in our programs, and the future needs of prospective students in our area. To do so, we are expanding our programs with the addition of our new Middletown Campus, and are currently recruiting for talented, highly-qualified professionals to join our team of Part-Time Adjunct Faculty.
We hope you will consider this unique opportunity to align your personal and professional goals with the Mission of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College and our long-standing commitment to student success!
Adjunct Faculty Essential Responsibilities
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus
- Provide Interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain a paper or electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and has it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College personnel.
- Facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. .
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus and as approved by the Academic Dean.
- Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the academic area chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Master's Degree in English, or in a related subject area with at least 18 graduate credit hours of study in the field of English.
- At least 3 years industry or business experience in the teaching subject area.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel.
- Some night or weekend hours may be required.
- Previous teaching experience in an academic environment.
- 5 years' industry or business applied experience in the teaching subject area.
- Experience with on-line teaching and/or instruction in higher education.
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences.
- Exhibits strong communication skills and serves as a role model for students in this area.
- Is fully committed to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Demonstrates success and commitment as a team player.
- Utilizes constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and handles conflict and criticism effectively.
- Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based software, analytical, and report writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!