- Registrar 53666
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Registrar is responsible for the planning, organization, administration, and control of the Office of the Registrar. Responsibilities include the maintenance of course information, scheduling of sections, and assignment of classrooms, preparation for and implementation of registration each term; maintenance of student academic records, including grading, transcripts, diplomas, and degree audits; evaluation of transfer credit from other colleges and universities; development of the academic calendar; and the preparation of appropriate internal and state student enrollment reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Provide general administrative services including budget development and control, policy and procedure development, departmental goals and objectives development, and leadership and supervision of employees.
2. Provide administrative control of the student information system, including development of procedures to assure the accuracy of information.
3. Work closely with Information Technology Services (ITS) in the testing and implementation of computer applications and programming enhancements. Make recommendations for program changes as needed. Coordinate the needs of other departments and authorize the addition or retrieval of information from the system.
4. Develop and recommend annual College academic calendar. Prepare and circulate internal working calendars as needed.
5. Compile student statistical data for internal and state reports. Internal reports include graduation rosters and cooperative education reports.
6. Manage the graduation process, including application/petition for graduation, degree audit reports for students and advisors, and course waivers and substitutions. Notify students of their graduation statuses. Prepare graduation roster and diplomas.
7. Coordinate the term schedule (publication) development with academic divisions and other administrative offices.
8. Develop procedures and manage the process of maintaining the course inventory. Manage the preparation of initial section offerings for future terms for academic division editing.
9. Develop procedures for the assignment of classrooms for instructional purposes and for events. Work with ITS in the implementation of scheduling software and the training of employees in its use.
10. Oversee the registration process for students each term. Work with academic divisions and administrative units in the establishment of the timetable and procedures for the registration of students.
11. Develop procedures for the maintenance and reporting of student academic records, including attendance records, grading, enrollment verification, transcripts, transfer credit evaluation, and the awarding of advanced standing and alternative credit.
12. Responsible for the development of procedures to ensure compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
13. Serve as ex officio member of the College's Academic Policy and Curriculum Committee (APCC), representing the Office of the Registrar at meetings and providing counsel on academic discussions. Develop procedures for implementing policy approved by APCC and the Academic Vice President, the Executive Team, and/or the Board of Trustees.
14. Oversee the preparation and submission of student enrollment reports to the Ohio Board of Regents each term. Responsible for the interpretation of and adherence to state reporting guidelines and regulations.
15. Periodically review and evaluate the performance of support staff. Assist in goal-setting and encourage personal growth and development.
16. Serve as the College's residency officer for student fee purposes.
17. Coordinate the annual graduation commencement ceremony.
18. Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
Administration, faculty, staff, students.
Ohio Board of Regents, federal and state agencies, educational institutions, employers, others as needed.
Master's degree required.
A minimum of three (3) years of college administrative experience required, primarily in the areas of Academic Records and Registration. Experience supervising/managing multiple staff in different functional areas preferred.
Special Skills or Conditions
Experience in the use of complex computerized student information systems required.
Demonstrated ability to work as a knowledgeable user/client of technology and systems development.
Desirable Personal Characteristics
A strong, customer service orientation in working with faculty, students, staff. Exceptional skills in communication and collaboration are essential.
Vice President of Enrollment and Student Development
Assistant Registrar (Administrator)
Academic Records Coordinator
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Annual salary: $67,800