- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for managing the alumni initiatives and fundraising at the College including coordination of the Alumni Association and Alumni Board. Primary emphasis will be placed on growing alumni reach and financial support by cultivating and identifying alumni for increased engagement with the College.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Direct the functions of the Cincinnati State Alumni efforts, including budget oversight.
• Develop and execute a measurable fundraising plan for Alumni as a part of the Annual Fund.
• Devise and execute a strategic plan to increase overall Alumni communications and engagement.
• Support and coordinate the initiatives and activities of the Alumni Association in collaboration with the Cincinnati State Alumni Association Board.
• Facilitate monthly meetings of the Alumni Association Board.
• Oversee fundraising efforts, including phone-a-thons, letters, site visits and social media campaigns in coordination with colleagues in Development office.
• Identify, recruit and train a key volunteer base for successful alumni outreach.
• Develop and execute strategies to engage Cincinnati State alumni activities occurring with programs to connect with Alumni Association.
• Maintain and increase alumni records with lost alumni and new alumni.
• Collaborate with Institutional Research to transfer listings of graduates to alumni database in Raiser's Edge.
• Submit news articles to the Marketing and Communications office on alumni functions and key alumni.
• Manage alumni website and social media presence.
• Oversee alumni "friendraising" and fundraising events and increase attendee numbers to achieve pre-set goals, like events attended by 100 in first year.
• Develop and execute plan to engage with alumni employed at area companies.
• Assist with Development office on various fundraising events and efforts, including with engagement from alumni.
• Promote the nomination, selection and presentation of the annual Distinguished Alumni Award.
• Work with Chief of Development to arrange administrative support from Development office.
• Other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree preferred.
Three to five years of experience working in higher education. Knowledge of community college funding and operations is preferred.
Special Skills or Conditions
A record of successful individual donor solicitation; proven ability to design and implement fund-raising programs; willingness to work with a small staff until significant funds have been raised; willingness to be evaluated on results.
Desirable Personal Characteristics
Ability to communicate orally, in writing and graphically to varied audiences on all levels. Ability to elicit cooperation from all institutional components. Ability to establish priorities.
Reports to: Chief of Development
Annual salary: $47,000
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Status: Full time
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, a Health and Wellness Bonus Program, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.