- Health & Public Safety
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
The EMS Instructor position is a full-time tenure track faculty position. Instructional responsibilities include courses in the EMT, Paramedic, EMS Management, and Paramedic Science Programs, as well as EMS continuing education courses, as needed. The selected candidate will assist with the support of the EMS program in achieving and maintaining Ohio and CoAEMSP accreditation. This position may require off-campus teaching responsibilities and/or on-line education.
• Maintain all necessary certifications to teach EMS courses.
• Work with program chair to ensure appropriate course content and clinical internships.
• Assisting with program and course assessment and reviews.
• Attend committees and advisory meetings to foster partnerships in the community.
• Attend Department, Division, and College meetings as required.
• Work with the program chair and administration to maximize learning outcomes for students in the program.
• Assist in the completion and maintenance of state and national accreditation requirements for program
• Develop, implement and participate in student success initiative in department, division and/or College, including but not limited to Fast-Track, new student orientation, and/or other recruitment/retention opportunities, as appropriate.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
• Must be a State of Ohio certified paramedic and EMS instructor.
• BLS and ACLS instructor certification required. ITLS or PHTLS, and PALS or PEPP teaching certifications preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years teaching experience at the paramedic level required.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience as a paramedic required.
Reports to: Dean of Health & Public Safety
Annual salary: $54, 432 (BA), $59,580 (MA), $64,727 (PhD)
Contractual Affiliation: AAUP1
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Status: Full time
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, a Health and Wellness Bonus Program, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status. Cincinnati State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!