- Enrollment & Student Development
- Middletown, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Student Services Support Specialist is responsible for providing one-stop student service access at our new Middletown Campus location. The array of support provided will include everything from pre-enrollment services such as proctoring standardized tests such as COMPASS, admissions and registration processing, and producing student ID cards to coordinating the scheduling of tutoring and writing services, and providing basic library information and research assistance.
• Assists new and continuing students with all student services processes, providing an overview and guidance for program selection, career choices, admissions, registration, business office, financial aid.
• Prepares reports and statistical analyses as requested.
• Assists students with the financial aid process from initial application through the awarding of aid, and the review of financial aid options, application requirements and deadline, federal and state grants, loans, as well as other funding options such as scholarships, payment plans and third party service providers.
• Advises students on their hours of attendance and how this affects their financial aid, ensures students have the proper documents completed with Financial Aid, Business Office, and Admissions and Registration.
• Meets and corresponds with students to facilitate the full-cycle student services processes.
• Coordinates the scheduling of tutoring and writing services.
• Provides basic library information and research assistance.
• Assists students with program selection and coordinates with Admissions Recruitment Team to ensure a smooth transition from applicant to student;
• Meets and corresponds with students to address any enrollment concerns or issues.
• Proctor standardized tests and course related tests
• Monitors students' attendance and progress throughout their programs using the appropriate systems and software and interacts with instructional areas to support students and create maximum opportunities for success
• Assists with the maintenance of student files review, program advisement, and enrollment actions.
• Acts as a resource for students for College Policies and Procedures, ensuring students have an understanding of their rights and responsibilities.
• Serves as a liaison between students and Financial Aid, Business Office, and Admissions and Registration Departments.
• Provides guidance to prospective students throughout the admissions process.
• Uses professional judgment to evaluate academic credentials in order to recommend admission decisions.
• Designs orientation programs for new students, and intervention programs for students experiencing difficulty.
• Provides resolutions to an assortment of academic and administrative problems of moderately complex scope and provides analytical reports to faculty and administrators.
• Communicate WDC program options and general details to prospective and active students, relying on personal knowledge and extensive communication with the respective Workforce Development Courses, Business Manager/Program Manager
• Receive and process WDC course registrations, compiling and submitting course registration packets in coordination with the WDC Operations Manager, WDC Client Management Specialists, Registrar staff and Bursar staff.
• Receive and process on-site payments for WDC course offerings.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in communication, psychology, counseling, education, social work, or a related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of student development and academic theories, methodologies, and current practices in higher education.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in higher education student services that demonstrates skills in student support services, online learning environments, and marketing and communication initiatives.
• In-depth knowledge of the College's policies, procedures and academic programs in order to answer inquiries about financial aid, admissions, academic programs, services and administrative policies and to provide accurate guidance and/or assistance.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to handle complex situations with diplomacy; and computer proficiency in generating analysis of data.
• A strong commitment to providing outstanding student services is also required and to contributing to student success.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university in communication, psychology, counseling, education, social work, or a related area.
• Detail Orientation - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
• Methodical - Use systematic approach to completing tasks; Compliance-oriented.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to student needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Patient; Meets commitments.
• Confident – Maintains confidence and high energy level when dealing with challenges; persistent.
• Multi-tasking - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
• Verbal Communications - Speaks clearly & persuasively; Listens well; responds appropriately; Demonstrates presentation skills.
• Pace - Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Works quickly but efficiently.
• Initiative - Self-starting; Creative; Motivated; Searches for new, improved methods and procedures. Requests additional responsibility.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Dependability - Responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Cultural Competence - Ability to work in partnership with diverse populations and deliver quality customer service to faculty, staff, students and the College as a whole.
Title: Student Services Specialist
Reports To: Vice President of Enrollment & Student Development & Director of Middletown
Pay Grade: 18
Status: Full time
Contract. Affiliation: SEIU
This position will be open and posted internally for 7 business days via Cincinnati State's internal applicant link, starting Aug. 23, 2013 and ending Sept. 3, 2013. It may be posted externally beginning Sept. 4, 2013.
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, a Health and Wellness Bonus Program, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status. Cincinnati State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!