- Humanities & Sciences
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Academic Advisors in the Academic Divisions advise students who are fully admitted into the College and have completed academic foundation courses, if necessary. Advisors are responsible for providing students with information about program specific requirements and policies, connecting students with appropriate resources to clarify their interests, aptitudes and goals, teaching students decision making skills, transitioning students from academic foundation courses to their program courses, monitoring academic performance and intervening with students during academic difficulty. In addition, advisors educate students about the nature of their discipline to assist in programmatic events for their students, and provide students interested in pursuing transfer and articulation to four year institution with transfer and articulation information and advice.
• Collaborate with administrators, faculty and staff to provide assistance to an ethnically, culturally, socially and economically diverse student population
• Serve as a liaison with the advising center and participate as a member of a work team in providing information and advising of academic requirements, programs and services to current students
• Provide advice in keeping with the students' interests, values, abilities and major exploratory interests
• Monitor academic progress of students toward degrees, certifications, and/or completion of educational goals to identify current and potential needs or problem areas (i.e. study skills, tutoring) and refer students to appropriate campus resources for assistance
• Presents, participates, and/or facilitates various campus activities and events as well as attends and/or serves on committees as part of the campus community
• Encourages students to engage in opportunities across campus relevant to their needs
• Provides information about various support offices on campus (i.e. Student Activities, Disabilities Services, etc.) as well as appropriate referrals
• Interprets and explains college and programmatic policies and procedures
• Participates in new student orientation advising sessions and presents academic information to new students and parents during these orientations
• Checks various forms for accuracy such as degree audits, financial aid evaluation form, etc.
• Maintains student files, databases, and records in accordance with federal guidelines (FERPA.)
Documents student interactions and counseling.
• Supports data collection and analysis
• Assesses assigned students' stage of development and promotes growth by assisting students in establishing realistic and attainable academic and career goals
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, plus at least two years college-level academic advising OR Master's degree (preferred)
• Demonstrated understanding of student development theory and the purpose and advantages of the technical and general education, academic transfer, experiential and cooperative education and workforce development programs in the community college environment
• At least two years of experience working with ethnically, culturally, socially and economically diverse student populations
• Demonstrated communication, organizational, technological and collaborative skills
Reports To: Dean of the Academic Division
Hourly rate: $20/hour
Contract. Affiliation: N/A
This position is part time and not eligible for benefits.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!