- Adjunct - Health & Public Safety
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Position reports to:
- Direct Report: Associate Dean, Health and Public Safety Division
Scope of Work
HST Adjunct Instructor will provide web and/or hybrid instruction using Blackboard Learning system to students registered for HST courses..
HST Adjunct will provide direct instruction of students utilizing faculty generated course objectives for student learning evaluation.
Informs HST Program Chair of student progress.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
- The ability to setup a WEB (Web-based; no in-person attendance required) or HYB (Hybrid; primarily Web-based but with some required in-person activities) using the Blackboard system.
- Post all students' grades (exam grades, major assignment grades, etc.) to the electronic grade book.
- The ability to provide communications in electronic format to the student in a timely manner using varied formats.
- Consult with HST Program Chair prior to the beginning of the semester to clarify course assignments.
- Be available for HST staff meetings conducted each semester.
- Follows all college, divisional, and program policies/procedures as they pertain to own role in instruction of students.
Responsibilities – Leadership Exercised:
Work with others within the program to achieve the vision and goals for the HST program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of distance education using computer and Internet technology
The ability to setup a WEB (Web-based; no in-person attendance required) or HYB (Hybrid; primarily Web-based but with some required in-person activities) using the Blackboard system.
Utilizes Blackboard and email for communicating with students.
Creates a Syllabus which follows the policies/procedures of the HST Department.
Posting all students' grades (exam grades, major assignment grades, etc.) to the electronic grade book.
Possess organization and time management skills that will make learning accessible, personal, and meaningful to the student.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Demonstrated ability to work with others, assuring timeliness, dependability and accuracy.
Healthcare Practitioner Health Information Management, Registered Nurse, currently licensed and certified
Minimum 2 years practice as a healthcare practitioner
Position Available: Varies by semester
Compensation: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part time
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file.
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status. Cincinnati State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.