- Information Technology
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Senior Laboratory Technician/Help Desk, under the direction of the Manager of User Support Services, assists in the coordination and management of the ITS Helpdesk. Assist with the installation and maintenance of all computer equipment and labs. Provide maintenance for all academic computing laboratory equipment. Advise faculty on all matters relative to equipment imaging, maintenance and safety. Assist in the security of all computer equipment of the academic computing laboratories. Procure supplies for all computing labs. Research hardware and software and make recommendations to Manager regarding appropriate purchases. Maintain inventory of equipment, use, and repairs.
• Assist faculty and staff with all hardware, software and network tickets in a timely manner.
• Assist other Laboratory Technicians with helpdesk calls and unresolved tickets when needed.
• Maintain current images for all computing labs, as well as administrative offices.
• Assume responsibility for the maintenance and imaging of all computer laboratory equipment, including development of maintenance and imaging plans to ensure equipment remains operational.
• Keep documentation on labs and administrative images
• Maintain a system for lab set-up and clean-up.
• Ensure that printing, media storage, and other supplies are maintained at appropriate level to provide support to entire college community.
• Assume primary responsibility for securing computer equipment especially in an "Open Lab" environment. Assure that the process for securing equipment is documented.
• Assist the networking & infrastructure group in maintaining overall network security including procedures for handling viruses, etc.
• Assure that pc and image installation, testing, and documentation are done in accordance with current standards.
• Keep abreast of current standards on lab management, hardware and software for instructional requirements and make recommendations to Manager as needed.
• Be available for any hardware/software training the supervisor deems necessary for duties.
• Assist in the administration of the one or more of the Helpdesk systems such as Remedy and Altiris.
• Interact with system administrators, network services, and or applications development to restore service and or identify and correct core problems.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Assist in managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
• Lead internal project teams.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Ensure project documents are complete and current.
• Serve as key participant in project and team meetings.
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to IT management, colleagues and peers.
• Share lessons learned and best practices.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
• Perform routine tasks in the administration of the Helpdesk systems such as Remedy, Altiris and ImageNow.
Associate's degree -in computer science related fields, A+ required. Possession of MOUS certifications preferred. Experience with PC Imaging applications ( i.e. LanDesk or Altiris Deployment Solution) preferred.
Working knowledge of personal computers, software, and peripherals required.
Two years on the job experience with various hardware configurations and software applications in a Microsoft Windows Network environment preferred. Experience with Mac Operating Systems 9 to 10.3 or latest version. Experience in a customer service based environment preferred.
Minimum Annual Salary: $44,824
Pay Grade: 20
Contractual Affiliation: SEIU
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Status: Full time
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, a Health and Wellness Bonus Program, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status. Cincinnati State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!