- Adjunct - Workforce Development Center
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, Workforce Development Center, invites applications for a part-time non-tenure-track Adjunct Instructor to begin at our Evendale Campus location beginning in Spring of 2013. Qualified candidates will need to teach college-level courses to our technical, transfer degree and non-degree seeking students in our Workforce Development Center. Responsibilities will include instructing students and providing relevant class/lab experiences needed to assist them in the successful completion of projects, labs, in-class instruction and the online NIMS certification program.
Primary teaching responsibilities will include managing, organizing, and teaching courses in the specific areas below. The Adjunct Faculty member will be responsible for utilizing diverse instructional strategies in response to student learning styles in a manner that increases retention, student success and completion. Instruction for the Machine Operator Program in addition to assisting students with online training includes:
1.Workplace safety requirements - OSHA 10 for workplace safety, unsafe work conditions safety & personal protective equipment safe work environment, lockout/tagout (LOTO) practices/procedures
2. Shop Math
3. Measurement and Plan Reading - multi-view drawings, sectional drawings and fasteners, precision measurement tools, dimensional gauging print reading, geometric dimensioning and tolerances, and form tolerances
4. Machining Processes and Operation of drills, milling, turning machines and their operation
5. CNC Machining operation and troubleshooting and CNC grinding operation
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
• At least 3 years industry or business experience in the teaching subject area.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team. Ability to interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel. Some night or weekend hours may be required.
• Ability to build or enhance proficiency in the use of diverse methods of classroom technology, and innovative instructional/academic support systems and programs.
• At least 2 years teaching experience at a community college or a university branch campus or 5 years experience teaching in a vocational/technical capacity.
• Experience teaching or working closely and effectively with a diverse student population.
• On-line distance education instruction experience a plus.
• Ability to provide organizae and manage student instruction
• Communicate effectively and transfer thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
• Ability to work with other instructors and manage/coordinate training events and resources