- Administrative Positions
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Greenhouse Manager is a diverse position that fulfills many important needs of the Landscape Horticulture program as well as the broader college community. Primary responsibilities include: managing the campus greenhouse including greenhouse maintenance, year-round plant propagation and care utilizing Integrated Pest Management techniques, supporting the LH Department as account manager/ educational assistant and also by assisting in many campus functions throughout the year as a representative of the LH department and Horticulture Club. This is a highly autonomous/self-directed position requiring the highest degree of technical competence in greenhouse management, meaning planning, self-initiation and expert problem solving are paramount.
• Manage all facets of the campus greenhouse including, but not limited to, maintaining the greenhouse structure, year-round production and maintenance of plants, ordering supplies, assisting in LH Department labs and keeping inventory of all plants and supplies in the greenhouse areas.
• Manage the financial accounts of the LH Department including coordinating fundraising opportunities, i.e. various plant sales throughout the year, and keeping up-to-date records on expenses and receipts.
• Act as chief advisor for the Horticulture Club.
• Maintain the interior plants throughout the college.
• Support various college functions including making flower arrangements for various events and helping set-up/tear-down for graduation.
• Act as an educational assistant to LH faculty including ordering lab supplies, assisting with appropriate class labs and supervising students working in the greenhouse.
• Interact with students, faculty, the college, and the community to advance the goals of the program and the college.
• Act as liaison between the LH Department and other departments on campus, campus organizations, and community partners.
• Associate's Degree in Applied Horticulture or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in greenhouse production, operations and management.
• Minimum 3 years' experience supervising employees, student workers, or volunteers.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in content education, instruction or training.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in financial account management.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in retail management and ordering supplies.
• Ohio Certified Pesticide Applicator License, categories 6A, 6D, 6B, and CORE, or the ability to acquire license within 90 days.
• Proven working knowledge of greenhouse production, including plant identification and integrated pest management using both chemical and organic control methods.
• Bachelor's Degree in Applied Horticulture or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in greenhouse production, operations and management.
• Minimum 5 years' experience supervising employees, student workers, or volunteers.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in content education, instruction or training.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in financial account management.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in retail management and ordering supplies.
• Attention to Detail - Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes resources efficiently.
• Adaptability - Adapts to change quickly and easily.
• Communication - Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations to students, faculty, the college, and the community
• Time Management - Able to effectively and efficiently plan, and manage work tasks and meet deadlines.
• Physical Aptitude - Is able to keep up with the physical demands of the position including daily bending, lifting and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Supervisory - Trains, mentors and delegates responsibilities to greenhouse volunteers or workers.
• Cognitive- Identifies problems, assesses risks and is able to think clearly and analytically to select the best solution for each situation.
• Team Player – Work with all levels of College colleagues to support College events and beautification of campus.
Annual Salary: $35,000
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Status: Full time
This position will be open and posted until an offer has been accepted.
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, a Health and Wellness Bonus Program, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!