- Staff Positions
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Overview of Position
Primary responsibility is performing accounting and audit control functions associated with transactional processes within the College Bursar Office. The position also performs direct student-based financial support functions within the Bursar Office and accounting support functions related to College auxiliary departments. The major functions include:
- reconcile, age, and monitor integrity of General Ledger accounts
- technical Bursar Office liaison with internal/external auditors and College ITS department
- post Accounts Receivable transactions to the General Ledger
- monitor integrity of accounts receivable detail
- accounts receivable billing processing
- General Ledger posting of month-end sales/receivable/tax-payable activity for College
- initiate payable disbursement of student/agency funds
- IRS 1098-T processing and reporting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare monthly reconcilement reports of General Ledger accounts. Identify, resolve, and monitor reconcilement differences and outstanding aged items. Manage aged receivable and payable accounts through direct interaction with accountable College staff.
2. Post student account transactions to the General Ledger. Reconcile the general ledger postings and resolve unreconciled postings.
3. Monitor the integrity of student-based receivable accounts. Develop and apply data-system-based query to perform audit testing of student receivable accounts. Utilize audit testing results to identify discrepancies and recommend corrective action. Interact directly with College ITS resource to test solutions and resolve issues.
4. Primary Bursar Office liaison with College ITS function regarding the technical data processing systems that support Bursar Office functions. Participate in development/testing of system upgrades. Resolve database issues and develop required queries to augment the audit function of this position.
5. Perform batch billing of student receivable accounts. Interact with College ITS resource to develop/utilize data base programming/query that simplifies the student billing process. Prepare billing schedules, extract billing data, and prepare/mail billing communications.
6. Initiate student-based refund disbursements. Develop and apply data-system-based query that augments the student data base system processes to disburse student-based refunds. Develop and apply pre-disbursement audit controls that validate disbursement output.
7. Process outstanding stale-dated, student-based refund disbursements. Identify items, interact with Accounts Payable and Financial Aid Office to void the disbursements, and reconcile the results.
8. Prepare periodic summations of auxiliary-based receivable, payable, and revenue financial activity. Extract financial data from appropriate sources (both automated data systems and manually-prepared files). Analyze the data for timeliness, validity, reconcile differences/ambiguity, and prepare financial system entries for receivable and general ledger posting. Examples of financial activity for which summations will be prepared include MCI, Airport, Childcare, Surge Card, VA33, Sales Tax, financial aid bookstore sales, collection agency payments, etc.
9. Primary Bursar Office technical liaison with the College internal/external audit functions.
10. Assist with annual Accounts Receivable write-off and reserve calculations. Perpetual development and monitoring of general ledger receivable accounts throughout the fiscal year.
11. Process annual IRS 1098-T reporting. Set data system parameters, test the process, print and mail the 1098-T forms, account for individual 1098-T corrections, and forward the files to the IRS. College contact for student inquiries.
12. Perform General Ledger account analysis as assigned.
13. Assist with other Bursar Office duties as assigned by management.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with a major in Accounting.
• Microsoft EXCEL proficiency at an advanced level.
• Three years of experience in a direct accounting position.
• Proven skill in general ledger account analysis, reconcilement, and formal audit.
• Proven skill with query creation (not simply query-use) within a complex database.
Desired Competencies-Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Eager to solve problems.
• ind creative solutions to problems with ability to visual alternative solutions.
• Use time effectively and efficiently.
• Organized. Independent and disciplined.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
Annual Salary: $44,824
Contractual Affiliation: SEIU
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Status: Full time
This position will be open and posted until an offer has been accepted. It will be posted internally from Dec. 20, 2012 until Jan. 8, 2013. 2. It may be posted externally Jan. 9, 2013.
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, a Health and Wellness Bonus Program, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!