- Business Technologies
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Develop cooperative education positions; coordinate multiple programs as required; provide student advising relative to cooperative education; interact with program chair(s), teaching faculty and members of the Business Technologies Division; participate as a team member in supporting programs and activities of the division and college.
ABOUT CINCINNATI STATE
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College was chartered in 1969, and today offers more than 75 associate degree and 40 certificate programs in business technologies, health and public safety, engineering technologies, humanities and sciences and information technologies. Our mission is to provide the more than 10,000 students enrolled in our programs each semester with student-focused, accessible, quality technical and general education, academic transfer, experiential and co-operative education and workforce development.
Although the main campus is located in Clifton close to downtown Cincinnati, the College also operates branch campuses and satellite locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati and Tri-State areas, including our newest Middletown location. Opportunities for learning expand beyond our campuses through one of the largest cooperative education programs in the United States which provides our students with real-world experience working with our diverse local, national and global business partners located all across the country.
1. Develop cooperative education positions appropriate to the philosophy of the college, staffing or training needs of the employer, and career, educational and work experience aspirations of the student.
2. Provide student academic advising and counseling relative to cooperative education. Must understand and be empathetic to student-customer base and demonstrate a willingness to work with students of various abilities and diverse backgrounds.
3. Ensure student participation in and completion of all requirements for Cincinnati State Working for Success Experience.
4. Participate in cluster activities including interacting with program chair(s) and teaching faculty.
5. Establish annual goals relevant to coordination duties and consistent with the goals of the cluster, division and college.
6. Work with employers for placement interviews, matching personal qualities, aptitudes, interests and career aspirations of the student with requirements and career aspirations of the program and job.
7. Make regular coordination visits to cooperative education students and /or their employers as required by the Board of Regents and college policy.
8. Maintain required records of coordination work and provide required reports.
9. Participate in cluster and divisional efforts for students in assigned programs and participate in cluster and divisional activities for student recruitment.
10. Accept writing, speaking and public relations assignments.
11. Assist in advisory committee development and meetings.
12. Assist in divisional, institutional and team activities and committees.
13. Maintain office hours to meet the guidelines established by the Business Technologies Division.
14. Develop graduate placement positions when necessary.
15. Other appropriate duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS:
Cooperative education coordinators, college recruitment/admissions staff, students, faculty and administration.
Professional and cooperative education groups, cooperative education employers, program advisors, high school counselors.
Bachelor's Degree required
Three years composite experience in post-secondary instruction, business/industry, and/or technical field.
Desirable Personal Characteristics
Ability to sell programs, interact with different business departments, strong oral and written communication and presentation skills, detail oriented, good organizational skills, self-motivated, customer service emphasis with commitment to continuous quality improvement philosophy
Reports To: Dean, Business Technologies Division
Hourly rate: $25
Bargaining unit: N/A
Status: Part time
Funding for the position will end on April 1, 2016. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, a Health and Wellness Bonus Program, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!